OUR PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING DATA
We have to hold the details of the people who contact us in relation to our products and services in order to provide them. However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested and for closely-related purposes. Any personal data relating to you will be used and recorded by us in accordance with current data protection legislation and this privacy statement.
For example, we might use information about people who have purchased our products/services to carry out a survey to find out if they are happy with the level of service they received.
Emails submitted on our live chat may be used for marketing purposes unless directed not to by the customer.
If we intend to do anything else with your data, we will inform you at the point of consent.
The lawful basis upon which we will collect and store your data is:
- Explicit Consent – You have agreed that your personal data will be processed. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Contractual Necessity – Your personal data will be processed because it is necessary in order to enter into or perform a contract with you.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations – Your personal data will be processed on the basis that we have a legal obligation to perform such processing.
To protect your data we have put in place security precautions which include but are not limited to:
- Physical and administrative security measures at our offices.
- Firewalls and continuously updated anti-virus programmes.
- Encrypted storage.
Our company data is stored in the following locations:
- On servers in our office in Northern Ireland.
- Across several sites connected by a secure communications system.
- By a secure cloud storage provider with data centres in the United States.
For the purposes of GDPR, we are resident in the United Kingdom, and regulated by the Information Commissioner’s Office. We do not carry out any data processing outside of the EEA; if that changes, we will inform you.
We do not share data with third parties, other than those whose services we use for payroll, marketing, and IT. Where we transfer any data to a third party, we have put in place all necessary controls to ensure the protection of privacy.
Your data, including the records of any transaction you make with us, will be stored in accordance with our retention policy, and depending on the nature of the record. For example, financial records will be retained for 7 years as this is common practice.
If you have any questions about us or how we handle your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.